Sunday, January 25, 2009

Skipping ahead



To Levi's distress I've skipped into phase 2 for just a brief moment this evening. Pottery barn has the most exquisite outdoor furniture collections with a price large enough to choke on, I've found a way to achieve the same look for a fraction of the price.

Pottery Barn online is have a big sale on it's patio cushions. The ottoman cushion is the same size as the sofa cushions but for less and even less on sale! I've purchased a few of these in the natural stone color and intend on building a bench with a slightly angled back to complete the look. I have grand plans to make the top of the bench hinged to double as throw blanket and pool toy storage. I'm also hoping to make my own throw pillows and outdoor curtains. We are trying to decide between reds and oranges for our accent colors or greens and blues for our accent colors.

Cushions are ordered but we'll have to wait a good month before we can proceed with Phase 2 - outdoor furniture and landscaping.

3 comments:

  1. Since this will probably be my favorite area of your new house, I say go for it! I am looking forward to the poolside bar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I vote greens and blues....Yuma will already have a lot of warm color action and the greens and blues outside will be a complement to your natural surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen! I saw a link to your blog from something you posted on Facebook. Hope you don't mind... I'm a Blog-addict! You'll be on my blog list from here on out.


    For your outdoor/patio, my vote would be for the Blue/Green combos. With all the heat the AZ sun is going to bring, I'm sure you'll be 'sick' of the red/oranges. The Blues/Greens will help to give an illusion of 'coolness'.

    Have fun with your remodel! I'm jealous of all that you're doing!!

    -Jennifer McCarthy

    ReplyDelete