Friday, January 23, 2009

Smallest Spare Bedroom

In just 4 short days we begin our big remodel project! The big decisions have been made but still I need to decide on a few color schemes for all of the bedrooms and the hallway as it is going to be the 2nd thing we do after removing the popcorn ceilings.

I have purchased a solid red quilted coverlet for the smallest spare bedroom which has since dictated the partial color scheme of this room - red. The backside of the quilt is a deep burnt rust color which I have the option of displaying or not. The dressed bed will be sitting upon a very dark brown clean lined platform bed.

I'm nutty about wallpaper these days and have strong intentions to use it in all 3 bedrooms and possibly the office. Feel free to weigh in on the prints below. If it's a large bold print I will simply do one accent wall plus the interior of the closet. If it's monochromatic and mostly textured I may do the entire room. I like the idea of having gold accents in the room but it's not necessary.

Here are the questions I'm trying to decide:
1) Which one to choose?
2) What accent color should I pair it with?
3) Full wall or accent wall?
4) If only one wall what complementing color would you suggest?
5) What style does the selected wallpaper indicate for the room - modern, whimsy, subtle asian, etc.

See wallpaper options in the post below:

1 comment:

  1. OOh I really love the colors for the small bedroom. Here are my opinions (take em or leave em) just know I am not very good at matching things.
    1.)1, 2, 4 or the last one
    2.)for 4 I like the cream color of the flowers, for two I like the gold and the last I like the gold too.
    3.) I think accent wall
    4.)depends on which you choose, I like the burnt color.
    5.)huh?
    Mostly I love the idea of the burnt color and gold. Whatever you do is going to look great. I can't wait until you can help me with my house!

    ReplyDelete